Gigi Hadid - Missoni Fall 2017 Campaign

Photos taken by Harley Weir. Missoni Fall 2017. 

I am obsessed! Gigi Hadid was recently unveiled as the face of Missoni's FW 17 Campaign. No surprise here, as she walked and closed the Italian fashion house's Fall/Winter runway show earlier this year. The campaign shot by Harley Weir is one of my favorites of 2017 so far. I love the colors of the collection and I love how Gigi effortlessly captures the new generation of Missoni to a T.

The choice of Hadid as the face for a label like Missoni is the perfect choice for a brand that needs to be introduced to the newest generation of fashionistas. Missoni, of course, is a classic brand that will always attract generation after generation through their signature colorful knits, bold prints, and impeccable quality. What Missoni has yet to accomplish is the domination of social media; specifically Instagram, where Hadid is a staple influencing figure. This is a confirmed title as she has 35.2 million followers as of posting this. 
Photo by Harley Weir. MISSONI Fall 2017
This shot is by far my favorite photo of the campaign. I want this framed
and hung on my wall, ASAP.As a fashion photography buff this
image is beyond timeless to me. 


What I really admire about this campaign is it is not screaming, highlighted, and manufactured for Gigi as a lot of her campaigns & sponsorships are as of recently (Tommy Hilfiger, Stuart Weitzman, Reebok, for examples). I am loving how artsy the tone and the independent fashion magazine editorial vibe of this campaign is.
All grown up. I just love how classic, timeless, and yet of the moment these images are.
Photo by Harley Weir. MISSONI Fall 2017
         

SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts