Moschino Flops like a Cardboard Box : Today in Milan

While I've been a longtime fan of Jeremy Scott's pop culture referencing, detailed designs and a huge supporter of his transition into designing for Moschino....his Fall 2017 collection for Moschino fell completely flat and made me wonder, "Has Scott finally run out of the irreverent ideas that has made him one of fashion's most innovative designers?" I mean...it sure seemed so with this collection. Cardboard shipping and storage box inspired dresses and coats...with literal cardboard boxes as hats. As these were part of the opening of the show, I was holding my breath for what I always look forward to from a Jeremy Scott collection and runway show. But, no, Jodie...you don't get your way this time.
I literally laughed out loud when the black plastic tarp with duct tape "accents" strutted down the runway. 






There were two looks that were gorgeous but totally out of place in this collection. Sorry, Jeremy! For this being his first and only lackluster collection for the Italian label, I have a feeling he will be able to bounce back for Spring 2018 with a collection that will make up for this misstep.

The more Jeremy Scott DNA in the designs, the better. 
Side note: he and his casting team had Kendall Jenner open the show with Bella and Gigi Hadid in looks two and three after her. I love these girls and love that they are everywhere...but most shows who have had all three girls casted separated them in the line up, which I find refreshing. This just seemed like a desperate attempt to get PR for a show that otherwise wouldn't catch my eye or attract the tastes of the average, fashionable young-loving consumers. Just felt as if Jeremy wasn't as hands on as he always is or he really is being overworked. I have always rooted for Jeremy Scott before he was a big name, and I still do. I'm rooting for him and his next show for Moschino, which will be the  Resort (Pre-Spring) collection in August ;) 

Comments

Popular Posts